Home of the most comprehensive music reference guides...
Vernon Joynson is a Political Studies graduate and retired Senior Local Government Manager who has been writing music reference books since 1984. When he was collecting records he was frustrated by the lack of detailed genre based music guides for record collectors and music fans and set about writing a series of his own.
His most recent highly acclaimed publications, prior to Discover UK Shoegaze & Dream Pop, include:-
- Fuzz, Acid and Flowers - US psych, garage and hippie-rock 1963-1976 - 2010.
- the Two-Volume Tapestry of Delights - UK rock, pop, beat, R&B, folk, psych and prog 1963-1976 - 2014.
- A Melange of Musical Pipedreams and Pandemonium - Australian, New Zealand, African, Turkish and Middle Eastern rock, pop, beat, R&B, folk, psych and prog 1963-1976 - 2017.
- A Potpourri of Melodies and Mayhem - Latin American and Canadian Rock, Pop, Beat, R&B, Folk, Garage, Psych And Prog 1963-1976 - 2017.
- A Sharp Shock To The System - A Comprehensive Guide To UK Punk, New Wave, Post-Punk, Mod Revival, Neo-Psychedelia, Goth-Rock & Electronic Music 1976-1986 - 2019.
- and The Britpop Bible - a guide to Britpop - 2022.
Many music fans regard these books as the bibles for their respective genres.